Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm so glad these last 2 weeks are over with. They were complete hell. I had to take 2 entrance exams in preparation for school. The first test was easy - I was, in fact, over-prepared. But, the second exam was brutal. I left with a terrible headache and a passing score. Those 2 scores along with my grade in medical terminology should put me somewhere near the top of the list. I've heard that there are approximately 100 applicants for the nursing program with only 22 available seats. I can't even think about the "what if I don't get accepted" scenario. I just keep telling myself that I AM going to school in February. I figure that the more positive energy I give it, the closer I am to having it realized. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Tonight is my favorite Big Book meeting... Well, to be honest, I'm lying. I consider it my service work to go there. It's at the treatment facility I attended a few years ago. Not too many people are willing to go to meetings there and I feel like, in order to carry the message I've got to show up and show that the program can work. There are only 2 to 3 people who come to the meeting anymore that aren't actually clients who live there. It truly saddens me. All I can do, at this point is continue to show up and announce it at other meetings.

I think that's it for now. My brain is fried today. I had so much test anxiety yesterday that it carried over into today and I'm just plain exhausted. I could go without seeing another prokaryotic cell until February 22! And, I don't want to hear another word about isotopes, allotropes, or any other diffusion across a membrane!

Happy Veteran's Day to all our veterans out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment