Sunday, November 28, 2010

So much to be grateful for!

Well, the day has come. My sister is ready. I'm going to drive to her house today and take her to dinner and a meeting and to run a few errands.

I went to my first meeting ever with my sister and she had 2 1/2 years sober when that happened. 6 months later she relapsed and has been out for 3 1/2 years. Due to a DUI, she doesn't have a license and ended up selling her car because she couldn't pay the insurance on it; drinking was always more important. Can't say I haven't been there myself in the past...

So, I'm really excited to see her. I don't keep in close touch because she is crazy when she's drinking and I keep my distance for my mental well-being. But, she's asked for help and I'll be there for her. She did that for me, along with other people, and I'll do it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment