Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wake Up Call

So, let's face it, I'm feeling awfully sorry for myself lately. Which happens to everyone. I've always felt that it's okay to sit on your pity pot, but to give it a time frame and don't live there. So, I think I'm beginning to come off the pot. A few really great things have happened in the last week:

1. My hearing for permission to apply for my nursing license went fabulously well with a unanimous approval from the board.
2. My authorization to test arrived yesterday!
3. I scheduled my boards for April 25th.
4. Yesterday I spent the entire day with an old friend from highschool - we were inseparable as children.
5. My sister went to jail again over the weekend.

I know, number 5 seems a little bitchy, but look at this picture.

This time, she's in there for domestic battery on her boyfriend, who happens to be our parents age and married with children our age. It's very sad, but it's also what needs to happen. I've recently had to completely step away from her in order to maintain what little serenity I have. She's toxic and began doing things like asking me to come visit but then calling the police on my way there to tell them I'm attempting to tresspass. It's the insanity and sickness of this disease at it's best.

I'm grateful that this isn't me. I'm grateful that other people go out so I don't have to. I'm grateful that the fear is dissipating and being replaced slowly with faith. I'm grateful I get to be a nurse. And, most of all, I'm grateful for my health.

These past few weeks have felt like a slap in the face but it's really been a wake up call on how I need to rely on faith and my higher power. It's so easy to get busy and consumed by the daily ongoings of life and forget something so simple as prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment