Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blah and Moans

I'm having a case of the blah's today. Not sure where it came from.

Monday was my 34th birthday and I had a fantastic day! I worked, babysat, and had dinner with my sponsor, grandsponsor, and another woman that my sponsor sponsor's. (that's a lot of sponsor in one sentence!)

Last night was my homegroup, and something interesting always happens. Lately, there has been a woman who brings a meal to eat during the meeting each week. It varies from Taco Bell, McDonalds, Wendy's, or various items from the grocery store. Last week she brought shrimp and a salad - which she had a hell of a time opening. As she began eating, she began moaning over how delicious it was and then she moved onto the burping and slupring her drink to wash it down. Which is where the problem comes in, she always sits next to me and because I'm so immature, I get the giggles. Non-stop. I just can't help myself. And then people watch me giggle and try to hold it in and get the giggles as well and it ripples through the meeting.

So, I've found a solution! I'm not selecting my seat until she's comfortable settled in. Unfortunately, that was right across from me last night and her shorts were WAY too short and you could see everything. I'm convinced God knows I need some humor in my life right now and that these circumstances are going to continue. So, I'll continue to appreciate it when these little things happen and keep on gigglin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment