Saturday, March 26, 2011

Going Clinical!

Time sure can pass quickly. I've been so busy with school lately that I haven't had time for much else. We've already had 3 quizes and our final exam for the first level of the course is on Monday. I'm doing pretty well so far with a 96%, 100%, and 100% which really reinforces my decision to only work on the weekends. Although, I don't always end up with shifts. The patient I've been with for the last 2 years passed away a few weeks ago in surgery. And the other patient I was taking care of passed away just a few days ago. Sad stuff, this work I do. They say, in my work, to not get personal with the patients... but how is that possible when you sit for 12 hours shifts with them and there is no one else to talk to? It's virtually impossible. So, with that said, I have no shifts! It's good and it's bad. The good part is that I get to rest here and there and get paid for being on call and the bad part is that I really need the money to pay bills with. Such a catch-22.

I've still been making it to most of my meetings but I do recognize the times when I just need to rest and go to sleep early. Things seem to be taking a better turn in my homegroup, which is a good thing. There is a lot less conflict lately and the women who wait until the end to share to top everyone else and let us all know how it's "supposed" to be done, haven't been there. I'm sure it's a God thing.

So, next week in school we are going to do all of our clinical check-off's and then we will go clinical. It's super exciting! Right now, we're just doing the CNA portion of the course and that's what I do for work already which makes it all a breeze. It's going to be nice to get a different perspective being able to work with other people, have equipment and supplies that I need, and have a variety of things to get done. When I'm at work, it's usually a bore. I get a lot of reading done, but I sure do spend a lot of time sitting on my ass in a chair. I can't wait to be busy the whole time and really feel like I've gotten something done. =)

2 comments:

  1. I recently read a passage about death that I thought was nice. It said that death was like watching a ship on the oceans sailing towards the horizon getting smaller and smaller. As it disapppears it isn't really gone it is headed towards other shores where people are waiting for it. So if you believe in the after life they have been waiting for their love one to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that image. I've always believed that we go on to something else after we die and while it's a sad goodbye, it's also a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete