Friday, March 19, 2010

A new perspective

Last night we watched "Precious". Let me start out by saying that I had no clue what this movie was about other than having the actress in it who came out of nowhere. I feel forever changed. Imagining a life like that makes me sick to my stomach. Growing up, I didn't have the best childhood and I've had to deal with that, but my life was a breath of fresh air compared to hers.

The movie ended and I didn't even know what to say or feel or think. I felt imense gratitude for my life. I felt that if someone could survive that, then we should be able to survive anything. And, then I thought, she overcame. She totally overcame. She gained this inner strenght and was able to overcome the obstacles life had put in her way and move forward. Through compassion from strangers she became empowered to change her life. I feel forever changed by that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment