Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ahhhhhh

Today was a restful day and I don't seem to have many of those lately.

I've really been thinking about my steps lately and I need to get cracking and finish them again. Step 6 is finished and onto 7. I'm taking my sweet time. Procrastination is just one of those "traits" that I haven't let go of yet, but I'm certainly ready to have it removed! LOL.

I went to aftercare this evening, at the treatment center I went to, and it was a disaster. Bascially, we go back every Wednesday and meet with the people coming out of the 28 day program and talk about our experience and discuss their concerns and exit plans with them. But lately a different counselor has been MC'ing it every week and there is no format anymore so it's losing effectiveness. Something has to be done but I'm not sure what it is at this point. It's almost torture to sit there through the whole hour. The only reason I go anymore is because I benefitted from the people who came back when I lived there and I want to be able to give back what was so freely given to me. Me me me. I know. But if I don't put ME first no one will be able to.

My mouth still hurts from these 2 new fillings. Although the pain is subsiding it's still stressful to be in constant pain with nothing more than motrin or tylenol. It's a catch 22. There are just some things that you have to push through, I guess.

My new glasses came in yesterday and they're definitely taking some "getting used to". These progressive lenses are tricky. The top is for distance, the middle is for intermedite stuff like the computer, and the bottom is for reading. Or anything I just randomly feel like magnifying! It cracks me up! And, just so you know, I apparently look sheik in them; so my Mom says. Does that even count when you're in your 30's??

So, all in all it was a good day. Drank a lot of coffee, did some laundry, and took some super cheesy photos of myself in my new glasses from the reflection in the bathroom mirror. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment